Why does Neurokinex need personal information?In order for us to engage with our community, deliver the best rehabilitation & wellness programmes and share the latest the latest developments towards our vision of providing world-class rehabilitation and wellness programmes to the paralysis community we use personal information. It helps us to contact you in the best and most appropriate way with information that is important to you.
What information do we collect?
Information we may collect includes:
- Contact details such as name, address, email address and telephone number
- Date of birth, age, gender and health/medical information (e.g. when you apply to participate in one or more of our programmes)
- Information about your interactions with us through email, post, on the phone or in person (i.e. the date, time and method of contact)
- Details about the donations you make to us, events of activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us
- If you are a minor (under 16), we may collect the name and contact details of a parent or guardian
- Any other relevant information you share with us about yourself, including your interests.
How do we collect your information?
- We do NOT buy data from 3rd parties.
- We collect information about you whenever you directly interact with us. For example these interactions could be via telephone, email, social media platform engagement or through our web-based contact and application forms.
- We may also receive information about you when you interact with third-parties with whom we work. For example where an NHS or case management referral is made to us or if you have made a donation through a third-party website such as Just Giving whereby you have given consent to share your information with us.
How is this information kept?
We securely process and store your information on password protected and encrypted databases and/or secured filing systems. We do everything possible to make sure that your data cannot be accessed by anybody who shouldn’t have access to it.
How long is the information stored for?Under new data legislation, everyone has the “right to be forgotten”. This means we will only keep your data for as long as is reasonable and necessary. If you give us consent to contact you, this consent will last for 5 years. After 5 years, we will contact you to ensure that you still consent to receive our communications.
Do you share my personal data with any 3rd parties?We will never share your information with anyone without your explicit consent. For example if your consultant or legal team require some of your information. This data would only be released with written consent from yourself. We may anonymise data without names, addresses and other personal data when compiling case studies or statistics to demonstrate the impact of our programmes and services to funders, researchers or potential collaborators.
How do we use your information?We use your information in a number of ways including:
- To contact you about new products or services and discount offers
- To provide you with the latest news concerning the organisation
- To inform you of booking schedules, service disruption and account balances
- To promote or provide updates of the latest fundraising campaigns across the organisation
- To invite you to participate in voluntary surveys or research
- To send you fundraising packs and other information you have requested to assist you in fundraising for us
- To invite you to events we feel you may be interested in and keep you informed in the lead up to an event
- To analyse and improve our internal business processes, measure our work, plan our services and improve content/operation of our website
- To process donations we may receive from you (or to rectify errors made) or thank you for support or donation.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner.